CEI EN 60335-2-25
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2: Particular requirements for microwave ovens, including combination microwave ovens
|Publication Date:||1 January 2013|
|ICS Code (Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances):||97.040.20|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This European Standard deals with the safety of microwave ovens for household and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
This European Standard also deals with combination microwave ovens, for which Annex AA is applicable.
This standard also deals with microwave ovens intended to be used on board ships, for which Annex BB is applicable.
As far as is practicable, this European Standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in household and similar environments.
However, in general, it does not take into account:
• children playing with the appliance;
• the use of the appliance by very young children;
• the use of the appliance by young children without supervision.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this European Standard.
NOTE Z101 Examples of appliance for household environment are appliances for typical housekeeping functions used in the household environment that may also be used by non expert users for typical housekeeping functions:
- in shops and other similar working environments;
- in farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- in bed and breakfast type environments.
NOTE Z102 Household environments include the dwelling and its associated buildings, the garden, etc.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE Z103 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE Z104 This standard does not apply to
- commercial microwave ovens (EN 60335-2-90)
- industrial microwave heating equipment (EN 60519-6)
- appliances for medical purposes (EN 60601)
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).