BSI - PREN 12927
Safety requirements for cableway installations designed to carry persons - Ropes
|Publication Date:||1 March 2013|
|ICS Code (Cableway equipment):||45.100|
This European Standard specifies the safety requirements applicable to:
- selection criteria for ropes and their end fixings,
- safety factors (excluding brake ropes and ropes for installations used for the transportation of goods, nor to inclined lifts),
- discard criteria,
- storage, handling, transportation and installation (including tensioning, connecting and/or splicing),
- long splicing of 6 strand hauling, carrying hauling and towing ropes,
- end fixings,
- inspection, repair and maintenance,
and the minimum requirements applicable to:
- MRT and radiographic equipments and procedures for the examination of steel wire ropes.
This standard is not applicable to installations for the transportation of goods nor to inclined lifts.