SNZ - AS/NZS ISO 19117
Geographic information - Portrayal
|Publication Date:||3 April 2013|
This International Standard specifies a conceptual schema for describing symbols, portrayal functions that map geospatial features to symbols, and the collection of symbols and portrayal functions into portrayal catalogues. This conceptual schema can be used in the design of portrayal systems. It allows feature data to be separate from portrayal data, permitting data to be portrayed in a dataset independent manner.
This International Standard is not applicable to the following:
- standard symbol collection (e.g. International Chart 1 - IHO);
- a standard for symbol graphics (e.g. scalable vector graphics [SVG]);
- portrayal services (e.g. web map service);
- capability for non-visual portrayal (e.g. aural symbology);
- dynamic rendering (e.g. on the fly contouring of tides);
- portrayal finishing rules (e.g. generalization, resolve overprinting, displacement rules);
- 3D symbolization (e.g. simulation modeling).