CENELEC - EN 61499-2
Function blocks - Part 2: Software tool requirements
|Publication Date:||1 February 2013|
|ICS Code (IT applications in industry):||35.240.50|
|ICS Code (Industrial automation systems):||25.040|
This part of IEC 61499 defines requirements for software tools to support the following systems engineering tasks enumerated in IEC 61499-1:
- the specification of function block types;
- the functional specification of resource types and device types;
- the specification, analysis, and validation of distributed IPMCSs;
- the configuration, implementation, operation, and maintenance of distributed IPMCSs;
- the exchange of information among software tools.
It is assumed that such software tools may be used in the context of an Engineering Support System (ESS) as described in IEC 61499-1.
It is beyond the scope of this standard to specify the entire life cycle of industrial-process measurement and control systems (IPMCSs), or the entire set of tasks and activities required to support an IPCMS over its life cycle. However, other standards which do specify such tasks and activities may extend or modify the requirements specified in this part of IEC 61499.