National Leadership Command Capabilities (NLCC) Configuration Management (CM)
|Publication Date:||1 May 2013|
PURPOSE. In accordance with the guidance in DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5025.01 (Reference (a)) and the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5144.02 (Reference (b)), this instruction:
a. Establishes policy and assigns responsibilities for oversight and management of NLCC configuration reporting and management.
b. Provides direction to DoD program and functional managers responsible for management of configuration items (CIs) that support national and nuclear command capabilities constituting NLCC systems in accordance with DoDD S-5100.44 (Reference (c)).
c. Directs CM and reporting for specialized NLCC systems that
provide capabilities required to enable national leaders to perform
duties and responsibilities in support of declared national
essential functions and DoD's primary mission-essential functions
as specified in National Security Presidential
d. Provides for improved capability management and development decisions, helping DoD to:
(1) Verify the integration of operations, functions, desired capabilities, and engineering in support of Reference (c).
(2) Support acquisition of new capabilities that will provide a sustained basis for integrated engineering, modernization, and technology insertion.
(3) Adhere to standard architecture development methodologies to ensure interoperability and community understanding.
(4) Develop a baseline systems configuration data repository supported by the NLCC Enterprise Model and establish update requirements.
(5) Review and validate configuration changes and new capability requirements.
APPLICABILITY. This instruction applies to OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the Department of Defense (referred to collectively in this instruction as the "DoD Components").