Standard: TAPPI T 428
HOT WATER EXTRACTABLE ACIDITY OR ALKALINITY OF PAPER
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method, based on the work of Kohler and Hall (1), measures the titratable acidity or alkalinity (end point at pH 7.0) of an aqueous extract of paper (filtered and extracted by boiling water for 1 h). It specifies one extraction and so does not measure the total acidity or alkalinity of paper, for which exhaustive extraction is required.
It may be applied to writing, printing, and sized industrial paper but is not intended for testing electrical insulating papers.
NOTE 1: This method measures the pH of the bulk extract as prepared in the method, and as such, measures the combined acidity and alkalinity of the base paper and any added fillers or coating materials.
|Document Number:||tappi t 428|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|TAPPI T 428||Change Type: REAF||Update Date: 2004-01-01||Revision: 04||Status: ACTV|
|TAPPI T 428||Change Type:||Update Date: 2004-01-01||Revision: 04||Status: ACTV|