CSA - CAN/CSA-E384-14-1-95
Fixed Capacitors for Use in Electronic Equipment Part 14: Blank Detail Specification: Fixed Capacitors for Electromagnetic Interference Suppression and Connection to the Supply Mains Assessment Level D
|Publication Date:||1 April 1995|
Blank detail specification
A blank detail specification is a supplementary document to the Sectional Specification and contains requirements for style, layout and minimum content of detail specifications. Detail specifications not complying with these requirements may not be considered as being in accordance with IEC specifications nor shall they so be described.
In the preparation of detail specifications the content of Subclause 1.4 of the sectional specification shall be taken into account.
The numbers between brackets on the first page correspond to the following information which shall be inserted in the position indicated:
Identification of the detail specification
(1) The "International Electrotechnical Commission" or the National Standards Organisation under whose authority the detail specification is drafted.
(2) The IEC or National Standards number of the detail specification, date of issue and any further information required by the national system.
(3) The number and issue number of the IEC or national Generic Specification.
(4) The IEC number of the blank detail specification.
Identification of the capacitor
(5) A short description of the type of capacitor.
(6) Information on typical construction (if applicable).
Note. -When the capacitor is not designed for use in printed board applications, this shall be clearly stated in the detail specification in this position.
(7) Outline drawing with main dimensions which are of importance for interchangeability and/or reference to the national or international documents for outlines. Alternatively, this drawing may be given in an appendix to to the detail specification.
(8) Application or group of applications covered and/or assessment level.
Note. -The assessment level(s) to be used in a detail specification shall be selected from the sectional specification, Subclause 3.5.4. This implies that one blank detail specification may be used in combination with several assessment levels, provided the grouping of the tests does not change.
(9) Reference data on the most important properties, to allow comparison between the various capacitor types.