Innovation Management - Part 1: Innovation Management System
|Publication Date:||1 July 2013|
|ICS Code (Production. Production management):||03.100.50|
|ICS Code (Research and development):||03.100.40|
This Technical Specification provides guidance on establishing and maintaining an innovation management system (IMS). It is applicable to all public and private organizations regardless of sector, type or size.
This document provides guidance on:
- understanding the context of the organisation;
- establishing the leadership and commitment of top management;
- planning for innovation success;
- identifying and fostering innovation enablers/driving factors;
- developing the innovation management process;
- evaluating and improving the performance of the IMS;
- understanding and using innovation management techniques.
By using this document, organizations can increase their awareness of the value of an IMS, establish such a system, expand their capacity for innovation, and ultimately generate more value for the organisation and its interested parties.
NOTE The innovation management system outlined in this document follows the PDCA structure (plan-do-checkact), so that it can be integrated within other standardized business management systems existing in organizations, e.g. EN ISO 9001, EN ISO 14001, etc.