CEN - EN ISO 12855
Electronic fee collection - Information exchange between service provision and toll charging
|Publication Date:||1 February 2012|
|ICS Code (Road transport):||03.220.20|
|ICS Code (IT applications in transport):||35.240.60|
This International Standard specifies
- the interfaces between electronic fee collection (EFC) systems for vehicle related transport services, e.g. road user charging, parking and access control; it does not cover interfaces for EFC systems for public transport; an EFC system can include any EFC system, e.g. also systems automatically reading licence plate numbers of vehicles passing a toll point;
- an exchange of information between the central equipment of the two roles of service provision and toll charging, e.g.
- charging related data (toll declarations, billing details),
- administrative data, and
- confirmation data;
- transfer mechanisms and supporting functions;
- information objects, data syntax and semantics;
- examples of data interchanges.
This International Standard supports any toll service and any technology used for charging.
It is defined as a toolbox standard of transactions and messages which can be used for the assigned purpose. The detailed definitions of mandatory and optional elements in a real implementation are defined elsewhere. It does not define all communication sequences, communication stacks and timings.
Any communication between Toll Charger and/or Toll Service Provider with any other involved party is outside the scope of this International Standard. Any communication between elements of the Toll Charger and the Toll Service Provider which is not part of the back office communication is outside the scope of this International Standard.
The processes regarding the payments and exchanges of fiscal, commercial or legal accounting documents are outside the scope of this International Standard.
The definitions of service communication channels, protocols and service primitive to actually transfer the messages are outside the scope of this International Standard.