CENELEC - EN 61083-2
Instruments and software used for measurement in high-voltage and high-current tests - Part 2: Requirements for software for tests with impulse voltages and currents
|Publication Date:||1 May 2013|
|ICS Code (Electrical and electronic testing):||19.080|
|ICS Code (Measurement of electrical and magnetic quantities):||17.220.20|
Scope and object
This part of IEC 61083 is applicable to software used for evaluation of impulse parameters from recorded impulse voltages and currents. It provides test waveforms and reference values for the software required to meet the measuring uncertainties and procedures specified in IEC 60060-1, IEC 60060-2, IEC 60060-3 and IEC 62475.
Hardware with built-in firmware that cannot accept external numerical input data is not covered by this standard.
The object of this standard is to
• establish the tests which are necessary to show that the performance of the software complies with the requirements of the relevant IEC standards;
• define the terms specifically related to digital processing;
• specify reference values and the acceptance limits for the reference impulses;
• specify the requirements for the record of performance;
• define the methods to assess the contribution of software to the measurement uncertainty.