UL Standard for Safety Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Apparatus – Safety Requirements
|Publication Date:||30 June 2003|
DU This International Safety Standard applies to electronic apparatus designed to be fed from the MAINS, from a SUPPLY APPARATUS, from batteries or from REMOTE POWER FEEDING and intended for reception, generation, recording or reproduction respectively of audio, video and associated signals. It also applies to apparatus designed to be used exclusively in combination with the above-mentioned apparatus.
This standard primarily concerns apparatus intended for household and similar general use. It also covers COMMERCIAL APPARATUS and PROFESSIONAL APPARATUS which may also be used in places of public assembly such as schools, theatres, places of worship and the workplace. PROFESSIONAL APPARATUS intended for use as described above may be evaluated to requirements in this standard, or to the requirements in UL 1419.
This standard concerns only safety aspects of the above apparatus; it does not concern other matters, such as style or performance.
This standard applies to the above-mentioned apparatus, if designed to be connected to the TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK or similar network, for example by means of an integrated modem.
Some examples of apparatus within the scope of this standard are:
- receiving apparatus and amplifiers for sound and/or vision;
- independent LOAD TRANSDUCERS and SOURCE TRANSDUCERS;
- SUPPLY APPARATUS intended to supply other apparatus covered by the scope of this standard;
- ELECTRONIC MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, and electronic accessories such as rhythm generators, tone generators, music tuners and the like for use with electronic or non-electronic musical instruments
- audio and/or video educational apparatus;
- video projectors;
NOTE 1 Film projectors, slide projectors, overhead projectors are covered by UL 122
- video cameras and video monitors;
- household video games and flipper games;
- juke boxes;
- household electronic gaming and scoring machines;