CEI EN 62623
Desktop and notebook computers - Measurement of energy consumption
|Publication Date:||1 July 2013|
|ICS Code (Microprocessor systems):||35.160|
This International Standard covers personal computing products. It applies to desktop and notebook computers as defined in 4.1 that are marketed as final products and that are hereafter referred to as the equipment under test (EUT) or product.
This standard specifies:
- a test procedure to enable the measurement of the power and/or energy consumption in each of the EUT's power modes;
- formulas for calculating the typical energy consumption (TEC) for a given period (normally annual);
- a majority profile that should be used with this standard which enables conversion of average power into energy within the TEC formulas;
- a system of categorisation enabling like for like comparisons of energy consumption between EUTs;
- a pre-defined format for the presentation of results.
This standard does not set any pass/fail criteria for the EUTs. Users of the test results should define such criteria.