Industrial communication networks – Wireless communication networks – Part 2: Coexistence management
|Publication Date:||1 August 2013|
|ICS Code (Networking):||35.110|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Telecommunication systems):||33.040|
This Part 2 of IEC 62657
• specifies the fundamental assumptions, concepts, parameters, and procedure for wireless communication coexistence;
• specifies coexistence parameters and how they are used in an application requiring wireless coexistence;
• provides guidelines, requirements, and best practices for wireless communication's availability and performance in an industrial automation plant; it covers the life cycle of wireless communication coexistence;
• helps the work of all persons involved with the relevant responsibilities to cope with the critical aspects at each phase of life cycle of the wireless communication coexistence management in an industrial automation plant. Life cycle aspects include: planning, design, installation implementation, operation, maintenance, administration and training;
• provides a common point of reference for wireless communication coexistence for industrial automation sites as a homogeneous guideline to help the users assess and gauge their plant efforts;
• deals with the operational aspects of wireless communication
coexistence regarding both the static human/tool-organizat
This Part 2 of IEC 62657 will provide a major contribution to national and regional regulations. It does not exempt devices to conform to all requirements of national and regional regulations.
EXAMPLE 1 This Part 2 of IEC 62657 could be listed as a harmonized standard in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) to address the requirements of the European R&TTE directive, Article 3.2 , in addition to other applicable harmonized standards.
EXAMPLE 2 This Part 2 of IEC 62657 could be listed in the Korean Enforcement Decree of the Radio Regulation Law, Article 18 .