Compressed air - Energy efficiency - Assessment
|Publication Date:||15 September 2013|
|ICS Code (Compressors and pneumatic machines):||23.140|
This International Standard sets requirements for conducting and reporting the results of a compressed air system assessment (hereafter referenced as an "assessment") that considers the entire system, from energy inputs to the work performed as the result of these inputs.
This International Standard considers compressed air systems as three functional subsystems:
- supply which includes the conversion of primary energy resource to compressed air energy;
- transmission which includes movement of compressed air energy from where it is generated to where it is used;
- demand which includes the total of all compressed air consumers, including productive end-use applications and various forms of compressed air waste.
This International Standard sets requirements for - analysing the data from the assessment,
- reporting and documentation of assessment findings, and
- identification of an estimate of energy saving resulting from the assessment process.
This International Standard identifies the roles and responsibilities of those involved in the assessment activity.
This International Standard provides indicative information in Annexes B, C, D, and E of the type of data to be collected to assist in a successful assessment. The information provided is not exhaustive and therefore is not intended to restrict the inclusion of other data. The form and presentation of the information given in the annexes is also not intended to restrict the manner of presentation of the reporting to the client.