Set-top Box (STB) Power Measurement
|Publication Date:||1 August 2013|
This standard defines procedures for measuring Set-top Box power consumption. CEA-2043: Set-top Box (STB) Power Measurement standard supersedes CEA-2013-A: Digital STB Background Power Consumption and CEA-2022: Digital STB Active Power Consumption Measurement standards. CEA-2043 includes procedures for measuring power consumption for a broad variety of STB types and features, and therefore not all test procedures are applicable to all STBs. The entity specifying the use of CEA-2043 for STB power measurement is expected to select which procedures are required for the STB being tested and is expected to define predetermined testing parameters required by the test procedures chosen.
Several informative annexes are included:
• Annex A maps CEA-2043 measurement parameters to the US EPA ENERGY STAR® Program Requirements for Set-top Boxes,
• Annex B maps CEA-2043 measurement parameters to IEC 62087:2011 Method of Measurement for the Power Consumption of Audio, Video, and Related Equipment,
• Annex C provides a method for measuring Satellite STB power consumption when the satellite STB under test is also providing power to the satellite reception equipment (e.g. LNBs), and
• Annex D provides an example of a concurrent testing scenario and a recommended tests and testing parameters for common STB types.
• Annex E provides a Tester Information Template to assist in specifying the use of CEA-2043