SNV - SN EN 14035-18
Fireworks - Part 18: Hand-held fountains - Specification and test methods
|Publication Date:||1 March 2005|
|ICS Code (Explosives. Pyrotechnics and fireworks):||71.100.30|
This document specifies requirements for the construction, performance, primary packaging and labelling of hand-held fountains and the corresponding test methods. It is applicable to fireworks which are classified as hand-held fountains for outdoor use in Category 1 in EN 14035-2 and which are contained in a primary pack.
It is applicable to hand-held fountains for indoor use which are classified in Category 1 in EN 14035-2 and which contain pyrotechnic composition that is based on nitrocellulose with a mass fraction of not more than 12,6 % of nitrogen.
It is not applicable to hand-held fountains containing pyrotechnic composition that includes any of the following substances:
- arsenic or arsenic compounds;
- mixtures containing a mass fraction of chlorates greater than 80 %;
- mixtures of chlorates with metals;
- mixtures of chlorates with red phosphorus;
- mixtures of chlorates with potassium hexacyanoferrate(II)
- mixtures of chlorates with sulfur;
- mixtures of chlorates with sulfides;
- lead or lead compounds;
- mercury compounds;
- white phosphorus;
- picrates or picric acid;
- potassium chlorate with a mass fraction of bromates greater than 0,15 %;
- sulfur with an acidity, expressed as mass fraction of sulfuric acid, greater than 0,002 %;
- zirconium with a particle size of less than 40 μm.
NOTE In EN 14035-2, hand-held fountains are classified as follows:
- brief description: non-metallic case containing sparks and flame producing pyrotechnic composition and designed to be held in the hand;
- principal effects: emission of sparks and flames with or without aural effect other than report or whistle.
Schemes for type testing of hand-held fountains and batch testing of hand-held fountains are specified in Annex A and Annex B respectively.