CGA - C-9
STANDARD COLOR MARKING OF COMPRESSED GAS CONTAINERS FOR MEDICAL USE
|Publication Date:||1 January 2013|
This standard shall apply to all sizes of containers used with compressed gases for medical use, see 3.1. This standard shall apply throughout the United States and its territories as well as in Canada.
This standard does not apply to the following:
- containers for delivery to foreign countries or to United States military agencies that have established color marking standards that differ from this standard;
- containers used in hospitals or other medical institutions for purposes other than medical use;
- containers used in industrial applications;
- nonportable storage vessels;
- containers that are attached to and form a part of any over-the-highway vehicle;
- containers when the contents are classified as medical devices or to supplementary medical equipment used with these containers, for example gases or gas mixtures specifically intended for use in calibrating medical equipment;
- containers that are filled from home fill oxygen concentrator systems; and
- containers that are filled from home fill liquid oxygen systems.