CEN - EN 1124-4
Pipes and fittings of longitudinally welded stainless steel pipes with spigot and socket for wastewater systems - Part 4: Components for vacuum drainage systems and for drainage systems on ships
|Publication Date:||1 October 2013|
|ICS Code (Iron and steel pipes):||23.040.10|
|ICS Code (Piping systems):||47.020.30|
|ICS Code (Metal fittings):||23.040.40|
This European Standard specifies requirements, dimensions and tolerances for pipes and fittings of longitudinally welded, stainless steel pipe with spigot and socket used for vacuum drainage systems inside and outside buildings and for gravity and vacuum drainage systems on ships and floating maritime structures1) :
- above freeboard deck as long as the heeling is taken into account in the event of damage when installed above freeboard deck on passenger ships;
- inside a watertight compartment below freeboard deck;
- with direct connection to the outboard (not permitted below freeboard deck);
- inside tanks as long as these are not filled with foreign media and are not cargo tanks.
On well-anchored maritime structures, this European Standard applies to pipes and fittings of longitudinally welded stainless steel pipe with spigot and socket used in drainage systems in the accommodation area.
Pipes and fittings according to this European Standard may also be used in central vacuum cleaning installations, in vacuum suction lifting installations, in chip transporting installations and in other waste water and process pipes as long as the media to be discharged do not damage the components or the health and safety of the personnel.
For other pipes, this European Standard only applies if agreed with the relevant operators and following prior consultation with the manufacturer.
This European Standard contains a designation system for the different types of pipes and fittings for easy identification of each component.
This European Standard is only applicable in conjunction with EN 1124-1.
1) In shipbuilding, the terms "Gravity and vacuum system" are used for this.