Standard: TAPPI T 459
SURFACE STRENGTH OF PAPER (WAX PICK TEST)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method, applicable to uncoated and coated papers, is designed to measure the surface strength of paper or its resistance to picking. It is not applicable to loosely felted papers such as blotters or roofing felts, nor to papers containing materials that soften with heat such as waxes or latex type additives. Light weight papers that lack stiffness may slip under the block during the wax removal step are not suitable for testing by this procedure.
|Document Number:||tappi t 459|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|