Standard: TAPPI T 511
FOLDING ENDURANCE OF PAPER (MIT TESTER)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes the use of the MIT-type apparatus for the determination of the folding endurance of paper. An exhaust fan arrangement maintains the folding head at room temperature.
The MIT tester is suitable for papers of any thickness; however, if the outer fibrous layers of paper thicker than about 0.25 mm (0.01 in.) rupture during the first few folds, the test loses its significance.
The procedure for the Schopper-type apparatus is given in TAPPI T 423 "Folding Endurance of Paper (Schopper-Type Tester)."
|Document Number:||tappi t 511|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|