NPFC - DOD I 4165.14
Real Property Inventory (RPI) and Forecasting
|Publication Date:||17 January 2014|
PURPOSE. In accordance with DoD Directive (DoDD) 5134.01 (Reference (a)), this instruction:
a. Reissues DoD Instruction (DoDI) 4165.14 (Reference (b)) to implement policy established in DoDD 4165.06 (Reference (c)).
b. Updates assigned responsibilities and prescribed procedures for:
(1) DoD Component's RPI data requirements and accountability of real property assets.
(2) Submitting appropriate current and forecasted data from DoD Component RPI systems to the DoD Enterprise RPI. DoD Enterprise RPI is aggregated in the Real Property Unique Identifier Registry (RPUIR) (Reference (d)) and the Real Property Assets Database (RPAD). RPUIR and RPAD capabilities are scheduled to be subsumed by the Data Analytics and Integration Support (DAIS) platform beginning in 2014.
a. This instruction applies to OSD, the Military Departments (MILDEPs), the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this instruction as the "DoD Components").
b. The provisions of this instruction apply to all real property in which the DoD, on behalf of the United States, acquires, holds, or will retain a real estate interest under law or international agreement except:
(1) The acquisition and management of defense industrial plants, which are governed by DoDD 4275.5 (Reference (e)).
(2) The provisions of this instruction pertaining to reporting and forecasting of classified RPI assets.
(3) For civil works projects, where only the provisions of this instruction pertaining to reporting apply (see section 4 of Enclosure 3).
(4) Real property installed equipment (RPIE) or installed building equipment (IBE) and any assets identified in the Real Property Categorization System (RPCS) as non-real property assets.