CEI EN 60704-1
Household and similar electrical appliances - Test code for the determination of airborne noise Part 1: General requirements
|Publication Date:||1 January 2014|
|ICS Code (Domestic electrical appliances in general):||97.030|
|ICS Code (Noise emitted by machines and equipment):||17.140.20|
This test code for the determination of airborne acoustical noise applies to household appliances (including their accessories or components) for household and similar use, supplied from mains or from batteries.
"Household appliances" designate equipment intended for housekeeping functions such as washing, cleaning, heating, cooling, cooking, etc and appliances intended for use by users in the home environment such as shavers, hair care appliances, food preparation appliances etc..
By similar use is understood the use by non expert users in similar conditions as in households, for example:
- in shops, offices or other similar work environments;
- in farm houses; - by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- in bed and breakfast type environments.
This European Standard does not apply to
- appliances for commercial use,
- household appliances which are integrated parts of a building or its installations, such as equipment for air conditioning, heating and ventilating (except household fans, cooker hoods and free standing heating appliances), oil burners for central heating, pumps for water supply and for sewage systems,
- separate motors or generators,
- appliances for outdoor use.
Appliances for commercial use designate equipment to be used by persons that have been trained on the use of such appliances and appliances and machines which are declared to be for commercial use by laypersons.
This European Standard does not deal with safety requirements.