Standard: DIN - AD 2000-MERKBLATT B 6
CYLINDRICAL SHELLS SUBJECTED TO EXTERNAL OVERPRESSURE
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The design rules below apply to smooth cylindrical shells serving as shells of pressure vessels and to tubes subjected to external pressure having a Da/Di-ratio ≤ 1,2. In the case of tubes with Da ≤ 200 mm they apply furthermore up to a ratio Da/Di = 1,7. The cylindrical shells may be reinforced or unreinforced.
The pressure must act over the entire periphery. Additional account shall be taken, e.g. in accordance with , of axial loads which are higher than those attributable to the external overpressure.
|Organization:||Deutsches Institut für Normung e. V.|
|Document Number:||ad 2000-merkblatt b 6|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|