Standard: TAPPI T 831
WATER ABSORPTION OF CORRUGATING MEDIUM: WATER DROP PENETRATION TEST
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The water absorptivity of corrugating medium is measured by dropping a drop of water on the surface of a specimen and determining the time in seconds for the drop to penetrate through the sheet and wet the lower surface.
This method is applicable to corrugating medium as it is commercially produced by all processes. It is generally applicable to relatively unsized (water leaf) containerboards but may not be applicable to more highly sized boards or to grades produced in different grammage (basis weight) than those normally used in corrugating medium.
Alternative methods which can be performed in the same general time period with equal repeatability do not give the same numerical results, but, in general, will rank the materials in the same order as this method.
|Document Number:||tappi t 831|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|