Standard: TAPPI T 825
FLAT CRUSH TEST OF CORRUGATED BOARD (RIGID SUPPORT METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The flat crush test (1) is a measure of the resistance of the flutes in corrugated board to a crushing force applied perpendicular to the surface of the board under prescribed conditions. The test is satisfactory for single-faced or single wall (double-faced) corrugated board, but not for double-wall or triple-wall corrugated board, because of lateral motion of the central facing or facings. In this method the specimen rests on an essentially rigid support and is tested at a constant deflection rate. See TAPPI T 808 "Flat Crush Test of Corrugated Board" for the procedure in which the specimen rests on a flexing support and is tested at a constant rate of loading. The test methods do not produce similar results.
|Document Number:||tappi t 825|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.