NAVY - OPNAV 11010.20H
(N46) NAVY FACILITIES PROJECTS
|Publication Date:||16 May 2014|
Purpose. To provide policy, guidance, and command responsibilities for the classification, preparation, submission, review, programming, approval, and reporting of real property facilities work at Navy shore installations and sites. Changes from previous revision:
a. This instruction is considered a complete revision and should be reviewed in its entirety.
b. Major policy changes from OPNAVINST 11010.20G to 11010.20H:
(1) Clarifies the definition of repair and excludes repair by replacement of a whole facility (complete facility replacement is construction). See chapter 3, paragraphs 1a and 1b.
(2) Delegates the authority to determine work classification within the guidelines of the instruction to Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFACENGCOM). Specific examples are maintained on the NAVFACENGCOM portal. See chapter 1, paragraph 2b(7).
(3) Clarifies the definition of real property and personal property. Specific examples are listed in a new appendix (appendix A).
(4) Delegates the authority to determine real property versus personal property within the guidance of this instruction to NAVFACENGCOM.
(5) Adds a chapter on Navy working capital fund (NWCF) projects (chapter 10).
(6) Updates funding authority diagram (appendix B) to include the fiscal year (FY) 2013 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).
(7) Clarifies the definition of funded versus unfunded costs for all projects (military construction project (MILCON) and special projects).
(8) No longer requires Assistant Secretary of the Navy (ASN) approval prior to authority to advertise for special projects exceeding $7.5 million. (Approval and 14-day congressional notification prior to award required.)
(9) Delegates authority for MILCON scope metric redefinitions to NAVFACENGCOM (see chapter 6, paragraph 6a for more information).