Transmitters for use in industrial-process control systems – Part 3: Methods for performance evaluation of intelligent transmitters
|Publication Date:||1 May 2014|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of IEC 60770 specifies the following methods.
• Methods for
- assessment of the functionality of intelligent transmitters;
- testing the operational behaviour, as well as the static and dynamic performance of an intelligent transmitter.
• Methodologies for
- determining the reliability and diagnostic features used to detect malfunctions;
- determining the communication capabilities of the intelligent transmitters in a communication network.
The methods and methodologies are applicable to intelligent transmitters, which convert one or more physical, chemical or electrical quantities into digital signals for use in a communication network (as specified in the IEC 61158 series or others) or into analogue electrical signals (as specified in the IEC 60381 series).
The methods and methodologies listed in this part of IEC 60770 are intended for use by:
- manufacturers to determine the performance of their products, and
- users or independent testing laboratories to verify equipment performance specifications.
Manufacturers of intelligent transmitters are urged to apply this part of IEC 60770 at an early stage of development.
This standard is intended to provide guidance for designing evaluations of intelligent transmitters by providing:
- a checklist for reviewing the hardware and software design in a structured way;
- test methods for measuring and qualifying the performance, dependability and operability under various environmental and operational conditions;
- methods for reporting the data obtained.