DIN CEN/TS 16157-5
Intelligent transport systems - DATEX II data exchange specifications for traffic management and information - Part 5: Measured and elaborated data publications; English version CEN/TS 16157-5:2014
|Publication Date:||1 August 2014|
|ICS Code (IT applications in transport):||35.240.60|
This Technical Specification (CEN/TS 16157-5) specifies and defines component facets supporting the exchange and shared use of data and information in the field of traffic and travel.
The component facets include the framework and context for exchanges, the modelling approach, the data content, the data structure and relationships and the communications specification.
This Technical Specification is applicable to:
- Traffic and travel information which is of relevance to road networks (non urban and urban);
- Public transport information that is of direct relevance to the use of a road network (e.g. road link via train or ferry service). This Technical Specification establishes specifications for data exchange between any two instances of the following actors:
- Traffic Information Centres (TICs);
- Traffic Control Centres (TCCs);
- Service Providers (SPs).
Use of this Technical Specification may be applicable for use by other actors.
This Technical Specification includes the following types of information content:
- Road traffic event information - planned and unplanned occurrences both on the road network and in the surrounding environment;
- Operator initiated actions;
- Road traffic measurement data, status data and travel time data;
- Travel information relevant to road users, including weather and environmental information;
- Road traffic management information and instructions relating to use of the road network.
This part of the CEN/TS 16157 series specifies the informational structures, relationships, roles, attributes and associated data types required for publishing measured and elaborated data within the Datex II framework. This is specified in three submodels, a DATEX II Measurement Site Table Publication submodel, a DATEX II Measured Data Publication submodel and a DATEX II Elaborated Data Publication submodel.
The platform independent sub-models defined by this Part specify a DATEX II Measurement Site Table Publication, a DATEX II Measured Data Publication and a DATEX II Elaborated Data Publication except for those elements that relate to location information which are specified in CEN/TS 16157-2. The DATEX II platform independent data model these three publication sub-models are a part of which, corresponds to the Level A model as defined in CEN/TS 16157-1.
Conformance with this Part shall require platform independent models from which platform specific models are generated to comply with the UML modelling rules defined in CEN/TS 16157-1 and with the following requirements of the sub-models which are expressed in this Part:
- comply with all stipulated minimum and maximum multiplicity requirements for UML elements and relationships;
- comply with all definitions, types and ordering;
- employ optional elements as specified;
- comply with all expressed constraints.
It should be noted that conformance of a publication service with all the structural requirements stated above does not necessarily ensure that the informational content of that service will be semantically comprehensible.