SMPTE ST 2071-3
Media Device Control Discovery (MDCD)
|Publication Date:||13 May 2014|
This document describes the Zero Configuration (ZeroConf) and service discovery mechanisms defined for the Media Device Control (MDC) [SMPTE ST 2071] suite of standards. Defining how MDC compliant devices utilize existing network services, or in the absence of such services, use existing Zero Configuration (ZeroConf) techniques and standards to automatically construct a fully functional system.
• Allow for the querying of devices and services within logical discovery domains.
• Allow for the separation of the discovery and primary name resolution infrastructures.
• Allow clients and devices to work around hardware and network failures, through discovery.
• Reduce and centralize the configuration required to create a functional Media Device Control system.
• Use common, well understood, and widely adopted standards and technologies.