DODD 4140.01-M VOL 11
DoD Supply Chain Materiel Management Procedures: Management of Critical Safety Items, Controlled Inventory Items Including Nuclear Weapons-Related Materiel
|Publication Date:||10 February 2014|
a. Manual. This manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose, and reissues DoD 4140.1-R (Reference (a)). The purpose of the overall manual, in accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5134.12 (Reference (b)), is to:
(1) Implement policy, assign responsibilities, and provide procedures for DoD materiel managers and others who work within or with the DoD supply system consistent with DoD Instruction (DoDI) 4140.01 (Reference (c)).
(2) Establish standard terminology for use in DoD supply chain materiel management.
b. Volume. This volume:
(1) Implements policies in Reference (c) and provides procedures for managing and handling special types of materiel, namely critical safety items (CSI) and controlled inventory items (CII) (i.e., classified, sensitive, and pilferable) including nuclear weapons-related materiel (NWRM).
(2) Establishes the Joint Small Arms and Light Weapons Coordinating Group (JSA/LWCG).
(3) Incorporates and cancels the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (USD(AT&L)) Memorandum (Reference (d)).
APPLICABILITY. This volume applies to OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to in this volume as the "DoD Components").