ISO DIS 7096
Earth-moving machinery - Laboratory evaluation of operator seat vibration
|Publication Date:||8 October 2018|
|ICS Code (Vibration and shock with respect to human beings):||13.160|
|ICS Code (Earth-moving machinery):||53.100|
This International Standard specifies, in accordance with ISO 10326-1, a laboratory method for measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of the seat suspension in reducing the vertical whole-body vibration transmitted to the operator of earth-moving machines at frequencies between 1 Hz and 20 Hz. It also specifies acceptance criteria for application to seats on different machines.
This International Standard is applicable to operator seats used on earth-moving machines as defined in ISO 6165.
This International Standard defines the input spectral classes required for the following earth-moving machines. Each class defines a group of machines having similar vibration characteristics:
- rigid frame dumpers > 4 500 kg operating mass1)
- articulated frame dumpers
- scrapers without axle or frame suspension2)
- wheel-loaders > 4 500 kg operating mass1)
- soil compactors (wheel type)
- crawler loaders
- crawler-dozers ≤ 50 000 kg operating mass1),3)
- compact dumpers ≤ 4 500 kg operating mass1)
- compact loaders ≤ 4 500 kg operating mass1)
- skid-steer loaders ≤ 4 500 kg operating mass1)
The following machines impart sufficiently low vertical vibration inputs at frequencies between 1 Hz and 20 Hz to the seat during operation that these seats do not require suspension for the attenuation of transmitted vibration:
- excavators, including walking excavators and cable excavators4)
- landfill compactors
- non-vibratory rollers
- milling machines
- vibratory rollers
The tests and criteria defined in this International Standard are intended for operator seats used in earthmoving machines of conventional design. NOTE Other tests may be appropriate for machines with design features that result in significantly different vibration characteristics.
Vibration which reaches the operator other than through his seat, for example that sensed by his feet on the platform or control pedals or by his hands on the steering-wheel, is not covered.
1) See ISO 6016.
2) For tractor scrapers with suspension, either a seat with no suspension may be used, or one having a suspension with high damping.
3) For crawler dozers greater than 50 000 kg, the seat performance requirements are suitably provided by a cushion type seat.
4) For excavators, the predominant vibration is generally in the fore and aft (X) axis.