Protection of Persons and Equipment by Enclosures - Probes for Verification
|Publication Date:||1 December 1997|
|ICS Code (Protection against electric shock. Live working):||13.260|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
Scope and object
This International Standard specifies details and dimensions of test probes intended to verify the protection provided by enclosures with regard to:
- protection of persons against access to hazardous parts inside the enclosure;
- protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against ingress of solid foreign objects.
The object of this International Standard is:
- to bring together in one publication object probes and access probes currently specified in other standards, together with any necessary new probes;
- to guide technical committees in the selection of test probes;
- to encourage those concerned to specify test probes in accordance with those already specified in this International Standard rather than modify details and dimensions;
- to limit the further proliferation of types of test probe.