Information technology - Data protocol for radio frequency identification (RFID) for item management - Part 3: RFID data constructs
|Publication Date:||1 February 2019|
|ICS Code (Automatic identification and data capture techniques):||35.040.50|
This document specifies rules and code structures associated with the data constructs for RFID for item management. In particular, it:
- defines the application family identifier (AFI), including the range of code values that are available to use for RFID for item management;
- defines the data format, including the range of code values that are available to use for RFID for item management;
- describes the Object Identifier structure used for RFID for item management;
- specifies the function of the Object Identifier for the Unique Item Identifier (UII);
- specifies the function of the Object Identifier for other item attendant data.
NOTE Conventionally in International Standards, long numbers are separated by a space character as a "thousands separator". This convention has not been followed in this document because the arcs of an Object Identifier are defined by a space separator (according to ISO/IEC 8824 and ISO/IEC 8825). As the correct representation of these arcs is vital to this document, all numeric values have no space separators except to denote a node between two arcs of an Object Identifier. For additional clarity, Object Identifiers are presented in bold text.