Luminaires Part 2-10: Particular requirements Portable luminaires for children
|Publication Date:||1 May 2003|
|ICS Code (Luminaires):||29.140.40|
|ICS Code (Toys):||97.200.50|
This part of IEC 60598 specifies requirements for portable luminaires for children and for use with tungsten filament lamps or single capped fluorescent lamps on a supply voltage not exceeding 250 V. It is to be read in conjunction with those sections of Part 1 to which reference is made.
This part is not applicable to the following:
- portable luminaires typically placed as an extra ornamental element in temporary decorative configurations due to festivities or celebrations;
- low illuminance background luminaires integral with a plug, i.e. forming part of a plug-in device;
- battery driven luminaires or luminaires not for direct connection to the main supply;
- luminaires designed or clearly intended for adult use;
- luminaires with two-dimensional graphic reproductions of persons or animals (real or imaginary) on removable shades.