Paints and Varnishes - Corrosion Protection of Steel Structures by Protective Paint Systems - Part 4: Types of Surface and Surface Preparation
|Publication Date:||15 May 1998|
|ICS Code (Surface preparation):||25.220.10|
This part of ISO 12944 deals with the following types of surfaces of steel structures consisting of carbon or low-alloy steel, and their preparation:
- uncoated surfaces;
- surfaces thermally sprayed with zinc, aluminium or their alloys;
- hot-dip-galvanized surfaces;
- zinc-electroplated surfaces;
- sherardized surfaces;
- surfaces painted with prefabrication primer;
- other painted surfaces. This part of ISO 12944 defines a number of surface preparation grades but does not specify any requirements for the condition of the substrate prior to surface preparation.
Highly polished surfaces and work-hardened surfaces are not covered by this part of ISO 12944.