Standard: NFPA - FPGHM 704
IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM FOR FIRE HAZARDS OF MATERIALS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard shall address the health, flammability, reactivity, and related hazards that may be presented by short-term, acute exposure to a material during handling under conditions of fire, spill, or similar emergencies.
This standard provides a simple, readily recognized, easily understood system of markings that provides a general idea of the hazards of a material and the severity of these hazards as they relate to handling, fire prevention, exposure, and control. The objectives of the system are:
(a) to provide an appropriate signal or alert and on-the-spot information to safeguard the lives of both public and private emergency response personnel;
(b) to assist in planning for effective fire and emergency control operations, including clean-up;
(c) to assist all designated personnel, engineers, plant and safety personnel in evaluating hazards;
It is recognized that local conditions will have a bearing on evaluation of hazards; therefore, discussion must be kept in general terms.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||fpghm 704|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|