Modular order for the development of mechanical structures for electronic equipment practices – Part 2-3: Sectional specification – Interface co-ordination dimensions for the 25 mm equipment practice – Extended detail specification – Dimensions for subracks, chassis, backplanes, front panels and plug-in units
|Publication Date:||1 May 2006|
|ICS Code (Mechanical structures for electronic equipment):||31.240|
This part of IEC 60917 provides additional dimensions for a modular range of subracks and associated plug-in units based on IEC 60917-2-2.
A typical subrack consists of a frame design with mounting dimensions for installation into racks or cabinets in accordance with IEC 60917-2-1. The aperture dimensions of a subrack are specified in order to meet the mounting dimensions of front plug-in units.
This part of IEC 60917 comprises
- additional dimensions for subracks and subrack associated plug-in units with injector/ extractor handle;
- dimensions for basic electromagnetic shielding provisions;
- dimensions of the key/coding system for subrack and plug-in units;
- dimensions of the alignment pin for front panel and plug-in unit;
- dimensions of electrostatic discharge provisions;
- dimensions of rear-mounted plug-in units.
Connector-related dimensions are given in Annex A.
In order to ensure the compatibility of plug-in units into the subrack, inspection dimensions and connector-dependent dimensions are defined.
NOTE The drawings used in this part of IEC 60917 are not intended to indicate product design, only the specific dimensions that are used.