Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Safety - Part 2-86: Particular Requirements for Electric Fishing Machines
|Publication Date:||1 June 2005|
|ICS Code (Fishing and fish breeding):||65.150|
This standard deals with the safety of electric fishing machines by means of which water may be electrified for the purpose of catching fish or for providing barriers to all animals living in water.
The rated voltage of electric fishing machines is not more than 250 V for single phase machines and 480 V for other machines, except that the rated voltage of electric fishing machines for permanent connection to fixed wiring is not more than 1 000 V.
Additional requirements for boat mounted electric fishing machines are given in Annex AA.
NOTE 101 Examples of electric fishing machines coming within the scope of this standard are:
- mains-operated electric fishing machines which include those supplied from portable or stationary generator sets;
- battery-operated electric fishing machines.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used on board ships or boats, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- electric fence energizers (IEC 60335-2-76);
- electric animal stunning equipment (IEC 60335-2-87).