EEMUA - PUB NO 190
Guide for the Design, Construction and Use of Mounded Horizontal Cylindrical Vessels for Pressurised Storage of LPG at Ambient Temperatures
|Publication Date:||1 January 2000|
Guidance is provided covering the main requirements for the successful design, construction, installation and use of mounded storage steel vessels, including:
• criteria for selecting mounded storage
• soil survey
• foundation and mound design
• vessel design and fabrication
• erection and construction
• requirements for operability (fittings, instrumentation)
• corrosion protection
• inspection and testing
• in-service monitoring, inspection and maintenance.
More detailed guidance on specific aspects, for example on stress analysis, is given in the appendices.
This Guide uses the formulae and design philosophy set out in the (BSI) PD 5500 pressure vessel design code.