Medical Electrical Equipment - Part 2-7: Particular Requirements for the Safety of High-Voltage Generators of Diagnostic X-Ray Generators
|Publication Date:||1 February 1998|
|ICS Code (Radiographic equipment):||11.040.50|
This Particular Standard applies to HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS of medical diagnostic X-RAY GENERATORS and to their subassemblies including the following:
- HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS that are integrated with an X-RAY TUBE ASSEMBLY;
- HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS of radiotherapy treatment simulators.
Where appropriate, requirements for X-RAY GENERATORS are given but only where these concern the functioning of the associated HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATOR.
This standard excludes
- CAPACITOR DISCHARGE HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS (these are covered by IEC 60601-2-15),
- HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS for mammography,
- HIGH-VOLTAGE GENERATORS for RECONSTRUCTIVE TOMOGRAPHY.