ACI - 530.1
Specification for Masonry Structures
|Publication Date:||1 January 2005|
A. This Specification covers requirements for materials and construction of masonry structures. SI values shown in parentheses are provided for information only and are not part of this Specification.
B. The Specification supplements the legally adopted building code and governs the construction of masonry elements designed in accordance with the Code, except where this Specification is in conflict with requirements in the legally adopted building code. In areas without a legally adopted building code, this Specification defines the minimum acceptable standards of construction practice.
C. This article covers the furnishing and construction of masonry including the following:
1. Furnishing and placing masonry units, grout, mortar, masonry lintels, sills, copings, through-wall flashing, and connectors.
2. Furnishing, erecting and maintaining of bracing, forming, scaffolding, rigging, and shoring.
3. Furnishing and installing other equipment for constructing masonry.
4. Cleaning masonry and removing surplus material and waste.
5. Installing lintels, nailing blocks, inserts, window and door frames, connectors, and construction items to be built into the masonry, and building in vent pipes, conduits and other items furnished and located by other trades.