Communication networks and systems in substations Part 7-2: Basic communication structure for substation and feeder equipment Abstract communication service interface (ACSI)
|Publication Date:||1 May 2003|
|ICS Code (Telecontrol. Telemetering):||33.200|
This part of IEC 61850 applies to the ACSI communication in substations and feeder applications. The ACSI provides the following abstract interfaces.
a) Abstract interface describing communications between a client and a remote server for
- real-time data access and retrieval,
- device control,
- event reporting and logging,
- self-description of devices (device data dictionary),
- data typing and discovery of data types, and
- file transfer.
b) Abstract interface for fast and reliable system-wide event distribution between an application in one device and many remote applications in different devices (publisher/subscribe
This part of IEC 61850 may also be applied to describe device models and functions for additional activities, such as:
- substation to substation information exchange,
- substation to control centre information exchange,
- power plant to control centre information exchange,
- information exchange for distributed generation, or
- information exchange for metering.