Railway applications – Power convertors installed on board rolling stock – Part 1: Characteristics and test methods
|Publication Date:||1 September 2005|
|ICS Code (Railway rolling stock):||45.060|
This International Standard is applicable to power electronic converters mounted on board railway rolling-stock and intended for supplying
- traction circuits;
- auxiliary circuits of power vehicles, coaches and trailers.
The application of this standard extends as far as possible to all other traction vehicles, including trolley-buses, for example.
This standard covers the complete converter assembly together with its mounting arrangements containing
- semiconductor device assemblies;
- integrated cooling systems;
- components of the intermediate d.c. link, including any necessary filters associated with the d.c. link;
- semiconductor drive units (SDU) and related sensors;
- incorporated protection circuits.
The following types of power sources are taken into consideration:
- a.c. contact lines,
- d.c. contact lines,
- on-board supplies such as generators, batteries and other electric power sources.
This standard excludes convertors which provide the electronic control supply for SDU and other supplies relevant to the convertor operation such as sensors.
NOTE Electronic control equipment of convertors and those sensors not related to semiconductor drive units and the printed circuit board assemblies of drive units for power semiconductors (SDU) are covered by IEC 60571.
This standard defines terminology, service conditions, general characteristics and test methods of electronic power convertors onboard of rolling stock.