MODELING AND SIMULATION (M&S) MASTER PLAN
|Publication Date:||17 October 1995|
1. Implements policy in DoD Directive 5000.59 (reference (a) ) , subsection D.2.
2. Establishes the DoD vision for DoD Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and a process for defining future M&S-based capabilities.
3 . Outlines a strategy for achieving future DoD M&S-based capabilities.
4 . Establishes a DoD M&S baseline to document current M&S capabilities and developments and as a reference to measure future progress.
5. Assigns implementation responsibilities.
6. Provides guidelines for development, cooperation, and coordination of DoD M&S efforts.
7. Is the initial step in an iterative process that provides for development of functional objectives, technology development road maps, and strategies for achieving current and future DoD M&S objectives.
8. Will provide, through successive iteration and refinement, a basis for the development of supporting plans and programs, including the DoD MSIP.
9. Establishes DoD M&S objectives, identifies actions, and, where possible, assigns responsibilities for accomplishing them.
10. Provides a basis for developing supporting plans and programs, including the DoD MSIP, and the DoD Component's M&S master and investment plans.
11. Provides justification for resource allocations to M&S within DoD Component programming and budgeting processes. Chapter 4 milestones for actions are planning factors for execution of the various tasks. They may require adjustments based on delays in technology advancements and/or limitations in the Planning, Programming and Budgeting System (PPBS) process. Note:
12. Fosters the integration of the defense and civilian M&S bases into a unified national and international base using common standards, processes and methods.