Standard: NFPA 101B
CODE FOR MEANS OF EGRESS FOR BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Title. NFPA 101B, Code for Means of Egress for Buildings and Structures, shall be known as the Means of Egress Code, is cited as such, and shall be referred to herein as “this Code” or “the Code.”
* Danger to Life from Fire. This Code addresses those egress features necessary to minimize danger to life from fire and smoke, crowd pressures, and movement of individuals and groups.
Egress Facilities. The Code establishes minimum criteria for the design of egress facilities in order to permit prompt escape of occupants from buildings or, where desirable, into safe areas within buildings.
Areas Not Addressed. The Code does not attempt to address the following:
(1) General fire prevention or building construction features that are normally a function of fire prevention codes and building codes
(2) Prevention of personal injuries incurred by an individual’s own negligence
(3) Preservation of property from loss by fire
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 101b|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 101B||Change Type:||Update Date: 1999-01-01||Revision: 99||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 20.