Overhead Electrical Conductors - Calculation Methods for Stranded Bare Conductors
|Publication Date:||1 May 1995|
|ICS Code (Power transmission and distribution lines):||29.240.20|
This document provides information with regard to conductors specified in IEC 1089. Such information includes properties of conductors and useful methods of calculation.
The following chapters are included in this document:
- current carrying capacity of conductors: Calculation method and typical example
- alternating current resistance, inductive and capacitive reactances
- elongation of conductors: Thermal and stress-strain data
- conductor creep
- loss of strength of aluminium wires due to high temperatures
- calculation of maximum conductor length in a drum
It is noted that this document does not discuss all theories and available methods for calculating conductor properties, but provides users with simple methods that provide acceptable accuracies.