Electrical Installations for Lighting and Beaconing of Aerodromes - Maintenance of Aeronautical Ground Lighting Constant Current Series Circuits
|Publication Date:||1 March 2002|
|ICS Code (Construction of airports):||93.120|
|ICS Code (Lighting installation systems):||29.140.50|
This International Standard applies to the maintenance of AGL constant current series circuits.
This International Standard
• covers constant current series circuits for AGL installed at aerodromes and heliports;
• concentrates on providing the safety requirements for the maintenance of an AGL constant current series circuit. It is recognised that AGL constant current series circuits of different design characteristics and parameters are in existence;
• is mainly concerned with safety to persons by specifying the rules and fundamental principles for the maintenance of AGL constant current series circuits;
• is not intended to apply to AGL primary series circuits supplied directly from a mains constant voltage source;
• is not intended to be used for public street lighting, roadway lighting or any other installation requiring the use of constant current series circuits.