ETSI - TR 102 495-2
Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum Matters (ERM); Short Range Devices (SRD); Technical characteristics for SRD equipment using Ultra Wide Band Sensor technology (UWB); System Reference Document Part 2: Object discrimination and characterization applications operating in the frequency band 2,2 GHz to 8 GHz
|Publication Date:||1 May 2006|
The present document provides information on the intended applications, the technical parameters and the radio spectrum requirements for UWB object classification equipment operating in the frequency band from 2,2 GHz to 8 GHz.
The applications which will operate in close proximities can be divided in 3 different categories:
Category 1: User-safety relevant application
• Sensing and position detection of human tissue (extremities) for user- safety applications, e.g. for tooling equipment (table top saw).
• Measure the thickness of materials and penetrate materials for "Break through" protection and avoid direct contact for building, construction type work (e.g. drilling machine); pre-impact detection.
• Medical applications such as heart beat and breathe sensing.
Category 2: Material analysis in industrial environments
Category 3: Detection of weapons and explosives in public environments
• Body scan using handheld devices.
• For weapons and explosives in public buildings (body scan using handheld devices).
The present document includes necessary information to support the co-operation between ETSI and the Electronic Communications Committee (ECC) of the European Conference of Post and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT), including:
• Detailed market information (annex A).
• Technical information (annex B).
• Expected compatibility issues (annex C).
The present document does not cover through-wall, building material analysis and classification and ground probing radar devices.