Standard: OSD - SD-23
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE ITEM REDUCTION PROGRAM
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The Parts Management Program provides processes to improve parts seletion by requiring a systems engineering approach to parts management planning. The Item Reduction (IR) program is an integral part of Parts Management and it can be an effective tool for inventory management when adequate resources are available to execute it.
This Department of Defense Item reduction Guidebook provides the procedures for "sorting out" items of supply by name modifier, or other characteristics such as size, grade, length, and material. This is done to separate items currently in the supply system (identified as preferred and retained for stock), from item not to be acquired for continued supply. The Item Reduction Web Site Capability (IRWSC), as described in this guide, is the primary tool for coordination and distribution of IR decisions and will be maintained in that capacity.
|Organization:||Executive Agent for the Defense Standardization Program|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.