Standard: ISO - 10545-3
CERAMIC TILES - PART 3: DETERMINATION OF WATER ABSORPTION, APPARENT POROSITY, APPARENT RELATIVE DENSITY AND BULK DENSITY
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of 1SO 10545 specifies methods for determining water absorption, apparent porosity, apparent relative density and bulk density of ceramic tiles.
There are two methods of obtaining impregnation with water of the samples' open pores: boiling and immersion under vacuum. Boiling will impregnate open pores that are easily fillable; the vacuum method fills almost all the open pores.
The boiling method shall be used for classification of tiles and product specifications. The vacuum method shall be used for apparent porosity, apparent relative density and water absorption for purposes other than classification.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ISO FDIS 10545-3||Change Type: DRFT||Update Date: 2017-10-25||Revision: 17||Status: ACTV|
|ISO 10545-3||Change Type:||Update Date: 1995-11-15||Revision: 1ST||Status: ACTV|